Generic Viagra is more widely known as Sildenafil or Sildenafil Citrate. Its active ingredient is sildenafil citrate. This medicine is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). In other words, Viagra is a branded name for sildenafil. While Viagra is produced by Pfizer, generic Viagra is being produced by several companies. The patent held by Viagra expired in 2003, and that gave other companies a chance to produce generic versions. Nevertheless, only Pfizer can use the name Viagra.
The drug pumps blood to the penis for sustained erection since it is the flow of blood that sustains an erection. One common reason why it does not work for people is if their ED is caused by an underlying condition like low libido. In that situation, you have to take care of the underlying condition first. It is necessary to bear in mind that the drug is not an aphrodisiac. It cannot not boost your sex drive.
Alternatives to generic Viagra are:
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra and Staxyn)
- Avanafil ( Stendra)
The prices of generic Viagra starts at $35. However, the price depends on the following factors.
- The dosage. The higher the dosage, the higher the price. 100mg is the most expensive, while 25mg is the least expensive.
- The number of pills in the pack. The higher the number of pills in a pack, the more expensive the pack will be.
- Volume discounts also count. For example, a pack of 60 pills of the same drug is more expensive than a pack of 30 pills but less expensive than two packs of 30 pills.
To see a typical pricing pattern of generic Viagra, visit the following link to Trust Pharmacy’s website- https://canadian-generics.com/categories/Bestsellers/Viagra .
How and where to buy it online
There are three categories of online pharmacies that sell the drug.
- Some pharmacies require your doctor’s prescription to sell the drug to you.
- Some pharmacies require a prescription and will provide one for you if you don’t have. You only need to fill a form.
- Some pharmacies will sell the drug to you without any prescription.
You can buy the drug from any of the sites below.
- Trust Pharmacy – https://canadian-generics.com/categories/Bestsellers/Viagra
- USA Medic Buy – http://usamedicbuy.com/medicine-products-erectile-dysfunction-en.html
Is there a generic Viagra available?
Yes, generic Viagra is available. You can purchase it online from the sites listed above and from several other online pharmacies.
Can you buy Viagra over the counter?
You can’t buy branded Viagra over the counter, but you can buy its generic version over the counter, as explained above. Several online pharmacies will sell it to you without any prescription. However, it is advisable to buy it with a doctor’s prescription and guidance. Remember, not everyone is medically eligible to take the drug. So, it is better to involve your doctor.
Do you need a prescription for Viagra?
Yes, you need a prescription for Viagra because it is not a drug you can buy over the counter.
How many Viagra pills will a doctor prescribe?
It depends on the required dosage and what is available. The drug comes in 25mg, 50mg, 75mg, and 100mg dosages. Most people are okay with the 50mg dosage. If your doctor prescribes a dosage of 50mg for you and what you have is 25mg, you may have to take two 25mg pills. In the same way, if your doctor prescribes 100mg, you can take one 100mg pill, two 50mg pills, or four 25mg pills. You should never exceed 100mg in a day. It is an overdose to take more than 100mg of generic or branded Viagra in a day.
How long does it take for Generic Viagra to work?
It takes about 30 minutes to 60 minutes for Viagra to start working. It usually works for about four to six hours in the body before its effect begins to fade away gradually. Nevertheless, wait until after 24 hours before you take another pill if you intend to have sexual intercourse the following day.
Which one is better, Viagra or Cialis?
As a matter of fact, you can’t really say one is better than the other in all terms, even though Cialis has more advantages over Viagra. Here is a quick comparison for you to decide which one is better for you.
- Recent surveys carried out on those who have taken either of the two drugs revealed that Viagra worked for 84% of its users while Cialis worked for 81%.
- You can take Cialis with or without food, but Viagra works best when taken on an empty stomach.
- Fat reduces the efficacy of Viagra more than it does to the efficacy of Cialis.
- Cialis kicks in after about 16 to 30 minutes of taking it, while Viagra begins to work after about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Here is a major decider. Viagra works for about 4 to 6 hours, while Cialis works for about 18 to 36 hours.
What happens if you take too much sildenafil?
Taking too much of sildenafil will increase the chances of its side effects occurring. Some of the side effects of the medication are:
- The inability to differentiate colors blue from green.
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Nasal Congestion
- Stomach Pain
- Facial Flushing
More serious side effects of sildenafil
- Prolonged erection: When your erection lasts longer than four straight hours, you need to seek medical attention quickly. It could damage your penis permanently. The condition is called Priapism, and it usually includes pains around the penis.
- Sudden loss of vision: When you suddenly lose vision in one of your eyes or both of them after taking the drug, you need help. If the affected eyes are not treated immediately, it could lead to permanent blindness.
- Sudden loss of hearing: This is the rarest side effect of sildenafil, but it has been reported several times.
Is Revatio cheaper than Viagra?
No, the reverse is the case. Revatio is more expensive than generic Viagra. According to www.drugs.com, a reputable site that reviews drugs, 10mg of Revatio costs $18.25, while 20mg of Sildenafil costs $3.45. You can check the full comparison on the following link to a webpage on Drugs.com – https://www.drugs.com/compare/revatio-vs-sildenafil
Reference Links :